We have a history of sustainability, and we’re committed to protecting the environment, including locally in Davenport. Whether it’s through our individual business practices or making energy-saving products, we strive to be green. Our ENERGY STAR®-certified windows and doors will help strengthen the energy efficiency of your home, and you’ll see the benefits in every season.
Pella Glass Options
Our InsulShield® glass collection1 provides the most innovative and energy-saving choices, with options based on your climate. The three below give our best energy efficiency and protection from weather year-round.
Advanced Low-E Insulating Triple-Pane Glass with Argon2 uses three panes of glass and up to three layers of Low-E thermal protection, with argon between the panes.
Our Advanced Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 uses insulating double-pane glass with two coats of Low-E thermal protection. This selection also includes argon inserted between the panes of glass to increase energy efficiency.
Pella’s SunDefense™ Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 also uses insulating double-pane glass with a Low-E coating made using three layers of Low-E solar protection to keep your home cooler in the summer. This option blocks 95 percent of the sun’s ultraviolet rays and has argon inserted between the glass to increase your energy efficiency.
Visit your Davenport Pella Showroom to learn about more insulating glass options or our recommendations for the Davenport region.
Determining Energy Efficiency
You can figure out your energy efficiency by looking at three primary features:
- Multiple panes of glass – multiple layers of glass provides more layers of protection between the outdoors and your home.
- Argon is a colorless, non-toxic gas that’s denser than air. Pella includes it between our glass panes to give increased insulation.
- Low-Emissivity (Low-E) glass coating reflects heat away from your home when it’s hot and inside the room when it’s cold; plus it blocks harmful UV rays.
Innovative Solutions for Davenport Area Home
We’ve added features to help our products improve your energy efficiency, including:
- Multiple combinations of glass
- Thermal breaks
- Exclusive snap-in between-the-glass blinds and shades
- Low-E coating removed from the glass edge to reduce the possibility of seal failure
Learn more about our ENERGY STAR certifications and how to understand the NRFC label.
1 Glass options can be upgraded to offer the benefits of our InsulShield glass collection. Glass options vary per product. See specific product information for availability.
2 Optional high-altitude Low-E insulating glass does not contain argon in most products. See your Pella sales representatives for more information.