Tips and tricks for door replacement
Whether it’s your front door, your patio door, or even a back door; doors play a central role in the ambiance that guests have when entering your Davenport home. When you determine it’s time to replace your doors, it typically means you are prepared to enhance your home’s curb appeal or that you are just excited for a change in home ambiance. Either way, replacement doors are a big investment and require a few things to remember. Lucky for you, the pros at Pella Windows and Doors have a few things to take into account before you determine the final new door style:
- Style with decorative hardware. Finalize the style of your doorway with ornamental hardware on your door, such as door hinges, bells, and knobs.
- Add a splash of color. Speaking of curb appeal, why not accentuate your door with a pop of color? Colors that complement your current paint scheme are great and consistent, but colors that provide conflict to your scheme can make your home look unique!
- Experiment with lighting. People often misjudge the functionality of lighting in an entryway. Whether you’re spotlighting specific features, landscaping, or the door itself, proper lighting can bring a complete look together and feel warm and inviting to house guests.
- Enhance with plants. The use of greenery around a doorway can also make an excellent first impression. Plants can draw attention to particular door details and shift attention away from other unfriendly aspects of a doorway.
- Try new accent features. There are many extra features that can improve a door, such as sidelights, decorative glass, small windows and more. With the correct accents, your door and home can get a major facelift.
Accept guests into your home with an inviting doorway and make a lasting first impression. Check out the Pella Windows and Doors showroom in Davenport, give them a call at 563-202-8576 or schedule an appointment online to discuss all the options for getting replacement doors to enhance the look of your home.