The Positives and Negatives of Window Grilles
Window grilles are an often underappreciated piece of your home’s windows. They give you the flexibility to meet both contemporary and traditional design wants, and with the variety of styles and colors we carry, you can uncover a combination to satisfy whatever your heart desires.
between-the-glass grilles easily snap in and out so you are able to swap styles whenever you update your
home or change styles or paint.
- Regardless of the window grilles you select, there are a handful of color choices to meet
your design needs.
- Grille options are available today with dual or
triple pane insulated glass to give you more energy
efficient choices than historical grilles used with
- Between-the-glass grilles and removable grilles are available to make for a quick cleaning of the glass.
Now that we’ve read a handful of positives of window grilles, let’s read about the challenges that may come with window grilles.
- While there are a host of
designs out there, some homeowners feel that certain grille styles might obstruct their
view of the yard.
- Many window grilles are permanent once
installed, limiting design flexibility in the future.
- If grilles are bonded permanently to the surface
of the glass that typically cleaned, cleaning can be more difficult.
- Replacement windows that feature grilles are usually more expensive than those that don’t have grilles.
Whether you’re moving and need to buy replacement windows or you’re simply looking for your current home, window grilles can be a great add-on to your next set of windows. There are a number of things to ponder, from style to color choice, but with a little help from our experts, we’re sure you’ll find just what you’re in the market for. Of course, with the variety of choices available, we suggest coming by our Davenport showroom, giving us a call at 563-202-8576 or scheduling an in-home consultation with us via the online scheduler so you can get an up-close look at the choices we offer.