The Entrance to Your Davenport, IA Escape Hinged and Sliding Patio Doors
A patio is an important component of a home and its total ambiance. Not only does it act as a great spot for entertaining, but a patio can also inspire us to get outdoors a bit more and enjoy some fresh air. That’s why it shouldn’t be a big surprise that the entranceway to the patio is just as important. Regardless if it’s a hinged or sliding patio door, it can deliver a lot more than just being another door in your home.
Whether you’ve just completed construction on a patio for your home and are searching for a new sliding patio door or you are simply changing out an old one, there are a variety of possibilities to select from when you kickoff your research. We thought it could be helpful to make the process a little easier by breaking down a few of the basics of the most common patio doors you will find available.
Sliding Patio Doors
One of the benefits of sliding patio doors is that they don’t swing open, meaning you have additional space to work with when you decorate and arrange the furniture. Sliding patio doors also let in a great deal of natural light, adding a warm glow to your home.
So what do you need to know about sliding patio doors to help you decide if they are right for your home? Here are six helpful tidbits to help you in your hunt:
- Available in naturally beautiful wood, durable fiberglass and low-maintenance vinyl.
- Doors are made with one panel so that they easily slide to one side.
- Two, three or four panel models are available.
- Come with a variety of grille styles to choose from.
- Add on a traditional insect screen or Pella’s Rolscreen® retractable insect screen.
- A number of hardware finishes are available.
Hinged and French Patio Doors
Hinged and French wood patio doors are another great selection providing craftsmanship that adds character and beauty to any room in your home. With the choice between two doors that swing open from the middle or two doors, one movable and one fixed, you can meet the needs of your home to help provide superior functionality and practicality.
Hinged and French patio doors tout a lot of similarities to sliding patio doors, leaving you amazing flexibility and customization to meet your design and function needs.
- Hinged doors come as single or double doors.
- Doors can open from the right or left.
- The wood construction can be protected by a low-maintenance. EnduraClad finished aluminum exterior cladding (available in Architect Series®, Designer Series® and Pella ® ProLine 450 Series).
- Multi-point locking system available for additional security.
- Satin nickel, oil-rubbed bronze, polished brass and white hardware finishes.
- A variety of grille options available attached directly to the glass, between the panes of glass or removable.
Patios are a fantastic addition to Davenport homes, and hinged and sliding patio doors are a great way to show off this important feature. If you want an up-close look at all of the hinged and sliding patio doors available from Pella Windows and Doors, stop by our Davenport showroom, give us a call at 563-202-8576 or set up an appointment with us online through our online scheduler.