Spring Cleaning: Prepping your Davenport, IA Wood Windows for the Best View
The flowers, the warmth – only a couple of things are better than looking out your wood windows on a nice, warm day in Davenport. And with a bit of spring-cleaning, those windows will sparkle, leaving you great views and the great feeling of a clean home.
Whether they are wood windows or something else, no one enjoys streaky windows or dust bunnies around their windowsills. Keep in mind a few of these cleaning tips when you begin your spring-cleaning:
- While it’s nicer to clean with the sun out, the sun could actually dry the cleaning solution before the glass is properly cleaned, so utilize that cloudy day to get your cleaning done.
- Having the best results means cleaning both the inside and outside of your wood windows. It’s well worth the time when you see how good it will look.
- Always clean from the top when washing your windows. Doing so ensure the drips stay out of the area of your wood windows that hasn’t been cleaned yet.
- Utilize an old towel or paper towel and lay it at the bottom of the window to catch any drips to keep them from settling on the frames.
- Once you have cleaned your windows, make sure you dry the windowsills with a cloth. If any drips made their way through, it will help guard the frame and finish of your wood windows.
No matter if they are replacement windows or windows original to your home, windows need a little TLC. Whether it’s a simple damp cloth or touching up scratches, the team at Pella Windows and Doors can help show proper care techniques for whatever line of Pella® windows you may have. Stop by the showroom in Davenport today and check out which windows are right for your windows. And who knows, you may learn a new cleaning method while you’re at it.