The cold season is fast approaching in Davenport and when the temperature drops, the energy bills can often increase. There are several things that you can do to get ready for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can help with your home comfort during the cold months, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
So, what’s so important about storm door installation? While storm doors are advantageous in every season, here are several of the benefits that storm doors offer during Davenport winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are an extra layer between the outdoors and the inside of your home. Their glass covering option lowers energy loss and can help lower monthly costs on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors deliver an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also gives another barrier for burglars or other unwanted guests.
Storm door installation is a good way to prep your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are other ideas to save some money in your home as the colder weather approaches:
- Check weather stripping. When your weather stripping is loose, cold air can find its way in and affect your home comfort. If you have challenges with reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping around your windows or doors, give our Pella Davenport team a call and we’ll be happy to help.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can accumulate in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Find a dry paintbrush and clear these areas to create a tighter seal and improve the performance of your doors and windows.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, for example deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could let cold air to enter into your home. Consult with a professional to repair these issues before the winter hits Davenport.
If you have any more questions about winterizing your home, or about storm door installation this winter, give the experts at Pella Windows and Doors in Davenport a call at 563-202-8576 or stop by our showroom to chat face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the change in seasons.