Kitchen Remodeling Dos and Donts
In the past year, kitchen remodeling has been a top project for remodelers and it’s a wonderful way to add value to your home. But, you want to make sure that you are setting yourself up for success before tearing out the cabinets and pulling up the floors. Remember these do’s and don’ts to achieve the dream kitchen you’ve always wanted the right way:
- Do some research to make sure you are hiring a qualified contractor. Browse reviews online, ask your friends and peers for recommendations, and don’t settle just because one contractor is the least expensive.
- Consider your kitchen must-haves—is energy efficiency important to you? Have a certain finish or countertop material? Do you want to have appliances with the latest technology?
- Evaluate what an ideal floor plan for your kitchen would look like. Keep it functional and efficient with adequate storage and countertop space that meets your needs and the needs of your household. What do you want to get out of the space? What do you use your kitchen for most? Cooking? Entertaining? Gathering with your family?
- Keep all your receipts. Save the receipts in a safe place to pull out when filing your taxes or to use when you are ready to sell your home in the future.
- Focus only on the aesthetic of your new kitchen—shiny countertops or a perfect color palette aren’t the most vital things about your new kitchen. Make sure the quality of your cabinets, countertops and replacement windows is high to keep your kitchen functioning efficiently for years to come.
- Forget to consider the budget! Stay on budget by prioritizing based on your needs and what features are most important to you. We advise budgeting at least 10 percent more than what you believe you’ll need so you can cover unforeseen costs during the remodeling process.
- Forget to consider windows! Pella Windows and Doors has a range of excellent kitchen window styles that can bring together an entire kitchen remodel.
One of the most important aspects of a kitchen remodeling project is the windows—they allow light into your space, set the tone for the room and give you a gateway to the outdoors, which really feels nice when there’s a cool breeze on a summer day. If you are interested in replacement windows as a part of your kitchen remodel, give our experts at Pella Windows and Doors a call at 563-202-8576, check out our Davenport showroom or book an in-home consultation with us online so we can help you pick out the right replacement windows for your kitchen needs.