How to Decorate Your Doors for Fall in Davenport
Fall is coming quickly in Davenport, and as the temp begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our homes. Now is the ideal time to begin considering how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and include some enjoyable fall accents for your replacement doors to imitate the feel of the season. Doors are usually the focal point of a home—they bring curb appeal and can make a strong impact on someone’s first impression of a house. Here are several things to ponder when choosing your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is beneficial when it comes to drawing eyes to your home’s doorway. There are several ways to create levels, including incorporating decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to stack pumpkins or other creative fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall gives us a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should reflect it. Gourds and pumpkins always provide a wonderful pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are the best option for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are always staple fall decorations that are used each year, but creativity in on-trend items can make your home look unique and stylish. Some of the popular door hangers this season include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a entertaining fall message to provide an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string several together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of loading fall flowers into a basket, fill a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and place it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into a cute scarecrow to greet guests when they appear at your door
Use your replacement door as a canvas for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and fun curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating could include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our experts at Pella Windows and Doors in Davenport a call at 563-202-8576 or schedule an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always the perfect time for a new front door and a new look!